Monday, March 21, 2011

Website Revisions

I have just finished making my final website revisions. After almost two hours, I think I have finally achieved all that I wished I would be able to. 

My first feat was to fix the "small text" issue. To do this, I adjusted the type of text boxes I incorporated. When I first made my site I was unaware I could incorporate scroll bars. However, after seeing other people's sites with scroll bars and some messing around on my site editor, I figured out how to do so. By changing all the text boxes to those with a scroll bar, I was able to increase the size of the text drastically. Further still, I figured out how to publish my site without it shrinking and compressing it down. Together, these two changes comprised my greatest revision.

Additionally, I decided to split up my primary research presentation. I'm not sure why this though never occurred to me until you mentioned it Torii, though I thank you for the thought. I split up my analysis, and now my presentation has been split up to match. Though I did separate some of it out, I did so in a way other than you suggested. You mentioned dividing my results by class, though I feel it is necessary to be able to compare them side-by-side and not moved to a completely separate page. Therefore, I chose instead to match the division I had created in my analysis. I separated the survey which contained basic information regarding memory from the activities which revolved more around gender. 

Along with this split came a few more changes. I added a direct link to my survey so as to provide site viewers with an opportunity to see the survey itself, not just the results I gathered. Unfortunately, added the activities in the same way presented a much greater challenge. So I instead chose to simply incorporate a description of what each consisted of. Though it is not as desired, I feel it is the best I could do. 

Last but not least, I was able to incorporate a link to the NPR audio clip that I included previously without a link. This definitely adds to the "user-friendly" aspect I think is necessary in website design. 

Overall, I am fully satisfied with my revisions and I hope you enjoy viewing it over spring break!

1 comment:

  1. I did notice the changes, and I think they contributed a lot to the usability and ease of your site-thank you for being so attentive to your critique! I hope you've enjoyed your break.

    ReplyDelete