Friday, March 25, 2011

Unit 3 Ideas

As I mentioned earlier, I have been considering two routes for an argumentative essay on Memory and Forgetting: (1) An ambitious argument regarding gender and (2) exploring the differences between our ability to recognize faces better than our ability to recall names. Both are seemingly interesting and have a good deal of potential in my opinion.

As we both agreed before, attempting to argue that there is a dominance amongst one gender over the other is pretty much out of the question. Though on the contrary, I feel I could argue that there are differences between the genders when it comes to memory and forgetting. However, I'm not sure I would be able to form a strong argument as I would think finding information on the side of equality would pose a difficult obstacle.

So, more and more I guess you could say I am leaning towards an argument centered around facial recognition and name recall. I believe I will be able to find information to back up an argument and though I still think it would be difficult to find information strongly arguing that name recall is a more prominent, I believe I will be able to find cases where this is true for certain people.

I suppose once I am more aware of the assignment details for this unit 3 paper I will be able to more a more educated decision. However, for the time being, I am leaning towards an argument regarding facial recognition and name recall.

No comments:

Post a Comment