Monday, March 14, 2011

Project Update

So I realize that it's been quite some time since I have posted to my blog so today's will be extra long and extensive. I have been keep busy with the creation of my website. Today is Monday, March 14th and I am the first to present in class. Though I don't feel my website is perfect, I think it is the best I can make it. I am a little disappointed that when I published the site it wasn't clearer than it is. I hope that people don't find it too much of strain on their eyes as I am presenting, though oh well, there is not much I can do about it now.

Yesterday I finished my rhetorical analysis. It is always interesting to explore why we make the decisions we make as it seems we often make them without seeming to put much thought behind them. Definitely though, writing these analysis pieces is becoming easier every time. I think I have somewhat of an advantage over other people considering I had you as a professor last semester and am used to the way in which we tend to go about things.

As for the next unit, I have done a little bit of thinking about where I can take the topic of memory and forgetting in an argumentative essay. My primary research from this unit has prompted me with two directions I am considering exploring. The first is to explore how gender affects one's ability to remember. I have already found and gathered myself some interesting information, though I am not sure what exactly I would argue. Saying that one gender is better than the other isn't really my style as I like to remain neutral and equal. My second option is to explore why people have a higher tendency to remember faces over names. I think I would be able to find information to support and argument regarding these occurances. Either way, I think I will have something interesting to work with. I suppose now is the time to continue/begin research in these two areas to obtain a better understanding of which route I wish to pursue for unit three.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your instinct to shy away from arguing one gender's dominance over another; I think this would prove difficult to argue, and there are so many complexities involved in this topic that it would feel unfinished to hone in so specifically on one gender. I think your second idea, however, has much more potential. I think it would need to be developed and expanded (which I'm sure you're already thinking about) but I could really see it working for your unit three thesis. Keep me updated as you continue to flesh out your research plans!

    ReplyDelete