Friday, April 15, 2011

Peer Review

Peer review can only ever be as successful as the students make it. Unfortunately, more often than not it seems as though the majority of students give little to no effort in this regard. However, I think the methods of peer review we have been using seem sufficiently effective. I personally prefer the letter response. I find it the most useful and requiring this 'feature' forces students to at least provide some thought and feedback. As for a worksheet, I think it could be beneficial, especially for those less inclined as it points them in a clear direction for responding. My only other comment regarding peer review is that I think it could be beneficial to dedicate an entire class period to work on the revision of our partner's essay. By utilizing class time for this, I feel students will be more inclined to put forth effort as it is so easy to put off and consequently give crappy or insufficient feedback. I realize this is probably a bit much to ask as we don't have that much class time, however I still feel it is good food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment